Chicken nuggets are a crowd pleaser, no matter the crowd. Adults, kids and everyone in between we all can enjoy a chicken nugget. While frying chicken is absolutely delicious, its also such a mission! Flour, egg wash, crumbs, heat the oil, and fry each individual piece. No thanks. This recipe is just as delicious, and the whole pan cooks at once in the oven! Homemade crumbs take this to the next level and who knew rice krispies made it the crunchiest baked nugget you've ever had!
3 cups of rice krispies
1 Tbsp old bay seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Chicken breasts cut into 4 nuggets each, or pre cut tenders
2 eggs beaten
1 Tbsp mayonaise
1 tsp mustard
Pam cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Add the rice krispies, old bay seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper into a food processor, and process until the rice krispies are totally crushed. Add to a shallow plate or dish for dipping.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the two eggs, mayo, and mustard until frothy.
4. Dip the cut up chicken breasts first into the egg wash, and then into the rice krispie crumbs.
5. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray with pam. Add the coated chicken tenders to the pam sprayed pans.
6. Generously spray the chicken tenders with pam.
7. Bake the tenders for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with honey mustard sauce, ketchup, mayo, or ranch dip!