Indian spice rubs are warm, spicy, and incredibly rich. Rich in color, and rich in flavor. This salmon is all of those things. Its flakey, moist, citrusy, slightly spicy, and extremely delicious. Make it for dinner tonight! I served it with baked potatoes coated in the same spice blend, they were fabulous. It would also be delicious on top of a salad, or with coconut rice.
2 Tbsp tandoori masala spice blend*
Zest of one lemon
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
4 salmon filets
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Sliced lemon wedges
*Tandoori Masala Spice Blend:
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp coriander
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
Blend all the spices together to create tandoori masala spice.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Mix the tandoori masala spice blend with olive oil, lemon zest, and kosher salt until it forms a paste.
3. Rub the spice paste all over the salmon filets (you can let this marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours.)
4. Place cilantro all over the spiced salmon filets, top with sliced lemon wheels.
5. Bake the salmon for 10-14 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
Adapted from Little Kitchen, Big World