Sometimes winning flavor combinations just come to you by looking in your pantry. This recipe combines coconut, peanut butter chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate chip cookies are always a favorite in my house, I am frequently asked to bake them and honestly I am sometimes too lazy to take out the kitchen aid, and do the whole individual cookie thing. Thats where chip sticks come in! This is a one bowl dessert. Plop the whole thing down on a cookie sheet, form into a log, bake and cut. Feel free to use your own adaptations, and don't forget to share your winners!
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper
3. Combine oil, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
4. Mix in the beaten egg and vanilla extract until the mixture lightens in color.
5. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, coconut, peanut butter, and chocolate chips into the mixture. Mix until well combined.
6. Split the cookie dough into two, form each into a 3/4 inch wide log (do this straight on the parchment paper.)
7. Bake for 22 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
8. Let the logs cool for 10 minutes and slice into chip sticks. Enjoy!
Adapted from The Kosher Pallete