You guys have probably noticed how much I love citrus and salmon together. Lemons, limes, orange, grapefruits they all pair perfectly with fish. This is a quick and easy salmon to throw together in under 30 minutes and can be served as a started or as a weekday main. AND its been child approved. What else can you ask for in a dish?
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 lemon slices into rounds
4 salmon filets
1. Preheat the oven to 325
2. Combine brown sugar, olive oil, chili powder, lemon zest, cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper until a paste forms.
3. Smother the salmon filets on all sides with the spice paste.
4. Place the lemon slices on each salmon filet.
5. Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes or until easily flaked.
6. Squeeze the remaining half lemon over the salmon filets, serve with rice, salad, and steamed veggies!