Quiche is one of my favorite foods. It is really easy to whip up in a few minutes and its the perfect way to use up items in your refrigerator (think leftover roasted veggies.) You can use a pre-made pie crust, or make it crustless in just a pie pan. You can make it non-dairy with soy/almond milk or you can use milk and cheese for a more decadent dish.
Pre-made frozen pie crust or pie pan
1.5-2 cups roasted or sautéed veggies (mushrooms and shallots, broccoli and onion, corn, jalapeno, and scallions, sweet potato and red onion etc.)
1/2 milk (soy, almond, or 2%)
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary etc.)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Sautee veggies until soft then add to pie shell or pie pan. Top with cheese and herbs if using.
3. Beat the eggs together with the milk, dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
4. Top the veggies, cheese, and herbs with the beaten egg mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
6. Give the quiche at least 20 minutes to cool before slicing and serving.
This is broccoli, onion, and cheddar cheese quiche made with 2% milk.