Every week I always buy a bunch of bananas, if they don't get eaten its easy to throw them into the freezer for a future banana bread or smoothie. This weeks the weather in NYC became a rain forest! Humid, sticky, hot, and unbearable. My beautiful bunch of bananas turned into a speckled green mess within a day or two. It was clear they needed to be turned into a banana bread ASAP. This recipe originally came from a close family friend, she is an exceptional cook and she is a constant source of inspiration. I have adapted it slightly adding my own twists and flavors. The best part, it comes together in under 10 minutes! Bake and enjoy :)
1 1/2 cups of sifted flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oil (canola, vegetable, or coconut)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
4 mashed bananas
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, egg, oil, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
4. Mash the bananas completely and add to the mixture.
5. Pour into prepared pan and top with chocolate chips. Mix them into the top of the bread.
6. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.