If you like lemon as much as I do, this recipe is for you. These are hands down my best recipe. Every time I make them people go nuts!! I think its because people are used to the standard cookies, you know, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal. And while those are always great, these are something new. The lemon pudding gives these cookies an extra tender and chewy texture, while the lemon glaze adds the exact citrus punch you're looking for. Speaking of which DO NOT SKIP THE GLAZE!! It is absolutely so essential in these cookies, it takes them to the next level. You'll thank me when you try your first bite!
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup white sugar
1 package instant lemon pudding mix (3.4 oz)
2 large eggs
2 tsp lemon extract
the zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1. Sift together the dry ingredients, so no lumps remain (flour, baking soda, and salt) set aside.
2. Cream together the butter/margarine and white sugar together until creamy.
3. Add in the lemon pudding mix, eggs, lemon extract, and lemon zest to the sugar and butter, mix until combined.
4. Slowly add (one cup at a time) the flour mixture into the butter until a dough forms.
5. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
6. The dough will be sticky, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 350, line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
8. Form one inch balls on a cookie sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Let the cookies cool fully before drizzling the glaze on them. These store beautifully at room temperature!
Adapted from Chew Out Loud